Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Eyes! They Burn!

Yeah yeah, I'm up way too late again, and I'm going to be sleepy in the morning.

Tomorrow (today technically) I'm going with The Wife and The Boy up to see my parents. Should be interesting, The Boy will get to show off all of his brand new talking and asking skills, so fun should be had by all, unless he's still repeating the language my Wife uses when she drives. We're going to a pioneer village, so we'll see how long it takes him to get into trouble. :)

I'm going to tell a funny, and that will be the end of that discussion. You've seen the ads maybe, for this insurance company that has various bad drivers, and one of them is this woman gripped in the fist of a powerful road rage, leaning out her window and screaming at cars that she doesn't have all day, bunch of jerks, etc. It ends with her literally propelling the car along the road in a herky jerky motion by throwing her body forwards and backwards in the seat while grunting with rage?

If not, behold my previous awesome description. The point is, the first time we saw that ad together, before I had even begun to form the first glimmer of a wisecrack, the slightest shift of a facial expression, the faintest scintilla of a change to my posture from "relaxing wise ass" to "active wise ass", my wife turned on me and yelled "I DO NOT DRIVE LIKE THAT". I responded with the universal signal for "perish the thought!", which is identical to the hand signal for "I am a helpless Mime, please don't shoot!"


She totally drives like that.

I am a complete wise ass.

No comments: