Saturday, February 18, 2012

Formatting issues

The Blogger app does this weird thing if I leave it alone for a moment and my phone locks itself. It suddenly puts the formatting text into the body of the post, and I just noticed it now, since it previews just fine on my phone. I'll have to be more diligent about checking it when I get home.
Today was supposed to be a night out for The Boy and I at Snakes and Lattes (link to which I've added to the side bar). This place is a fried slice of awesome, and possibly the best place to take a smart kid on a cheap date. For seven-ish bucks The Boy and I can spend several hours randomly pulling games out of their library of what I think is close to a thousand board and card games and trying them out. It's wonderful, the music isn't obnoxious, the coffee and food is good, and there's no computers at all. It's disgustingly wholesome really, and it forces people to be social with each other. As a consequence it's packed most nights, and there's been times we've shown up and the wait has been three hours to get a table. My buddy Jonathan works there demonstrating games (which if you asked him to describe his dream job would have been somewhere in the top two).
That's what we were supposed to do. What we actually ended up doing was going to the hardware store and picking up arts, then coming home and making a ABS paper rocket launcher. It worked pretty well too, it's based on a design I found on MAKE, though I modded it a bit to make the handle a bit sturdier. It seems to work okay, though I should have waited until all the glue dried to test it, and I blew out the bottom of the cylinder trying to see if I could launch one across the street. So real test tomorrow before work, that should be enough time for things to dry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I often update via email, and that leads to some odd spacing issues, not to mention that I can't even think of using HTML.

Gilgamesh said...

It's weird, because you'd think an app written for Blogger would work perfectly >with< Blogger.