Saturday, February 18, 2012

Wow, that was a long flight!

Not really, it was more me discovering the reason I stopped gaming a few years ago; it eats my brain. I was kind of lucky that everything was a shooter of some description, I'm not a fan. But then... I made the mistake of bringing home Skyrim from work.
It's basically crack for the 13 year old D&D geek in me; and between that and getting a new video card for my desktop, I've lost nearly a week.
  Anyway, as I was saying before I took off for a delightful weekend with friends in New York; they decided to reassess The Boy after he started playing practical jokes on people (and by people, I mean me). One night he hid the mask for my cpap machine, and kept a poker face the entire time his mother and I tore the house apart looking for it, frantically calling the housekeeper, and asking him for the tenth time if he had taken it. When I finally looked under his pillow, he deadpanned "good thing you found it huh? " (collapse in helpless giggles). I was mad for about a second before I started laughing too, which made it really hard to put on my frowny Dad face and tell him not to do it again (this is an ongoing problem; if a trick is funny I can't stop laughing).
Anyhow, as a consequence of this The Boy went through a year of reassessment and at the end of it all his diagnosis went from Autism Spectrum Disorder to Pervasive Developmental Disorder, undetermined. When I asked the Doctor what this means, he said "It means fucked if we know, and he's better now. He's smart but weird. "
I can live with that.

No comments: